Suggestion - a Test Equipment Section

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I was responding to a "What DMM should I buy" thread when I realized that these "What should I buy" threads happen all the time. Why don't we have a Test Equipment thread that is filled with reviews, polls, and suggested equipment for newbies.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Well...the search for, "which meter' gives poor results. I would be against this idea if you could merely do a search and get good answers. I vote: well...kinda...yes.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
That is a good idea, I would like the forum name as : The EE Instruments and Meters and Tools.

1. EE - Electronics Engineering.
2. Instruments - O'scope, ...
3. Meters - Multimeter, ...
4. Tools - Soldering iron, ...

kiroma

Joined Apr 30, 2014
Whatever idea will be realeased as a forum, I agree. Even though it's not decided yet, the idea of how good an equipment is... I agree.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Organization of a test equipment section would be essential for its success.

May I suggest the following to start:

Top menu selection of: Tools, EDA, Test equipment, Other.
- Tools: soldering stations, cutters, solder suckers
- Test Equipment: Power supplies, signal generators, pulse generators, general bench equipment Etc.
- EDA: I am not well versed in EDA so someone else fill in this section
- Other: There is always something that doesn't fit in the above categories.

Within each subsection would be reasonable divisions, such as:

Asking for suggestions here

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Love the idea and I would see a tech section like on TheRangerStation.com which is really nice just look up basic information and not have search for it..

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
How about test equipment reviews? One thing to be aware of, it will invite spammers in. It is a forever problem with this site.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
How about test equipment reviews? One thing to be aware of, it will invite spammers in. It is a forever problem with this site.
What about only allowing well know members to write reviews and must be gone over by admins before posted on forum ??