Subwoofer led light bulb

NZjuggalo

Joined Mar 23, 2021
Hey first time posting here i have a pair of samsung ps-hs 7000 subwoofer from a mx-hs 7000. The stereo receiver fell off the speakers and cant be repaired. Ive been using the speakers/sub with a different stereo but The subs have a massive light bulb/led thing in the middle of them and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way get them setup again as the new stereo isnt samsung and never had speakers with leds in them

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hey first time posting here i have a pair of samsung ps-hs 7000 subwoofer from a mx-hs 7000. The stereo receiver fell off the speakers and cant be repaired. Ive been using the speakers/sub with a different stereo but The subs have a massive light bulb/led thing in the middle of them and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way get them setup again as the new stereo isnt samsung and never had speakers with leds in them
So you want the LEDs to not show? You can always cover them. Otherwise you'd have to open up the case and cut power to the LED. That may or may not be easy.

As for hooking it up, what outputs do you have and what inputs at the subs?

NZjuggalo

Joined Mar 23, 2021
So you want the LEDs to not show? You can always cover them. Otherwise you'd have to open up the case and cut power to the LED. That may or may not be easy.

As for hooking it up, what outputs do you have and what inputs at the subs?
No im trying to hook them up to anything that will make the lights go again il take a pic soon of the connector

NZjuggalo

Joined Mar 23, 2021

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
To use that lighting for anything you are going to have to work out the pin outs for that connector then build a circuit to drive the LED(s). If you just want them to light up, it could just be a power supply, if you want more it will have to be an active circuit you design.

There is no standard for connectors to LEDs in speakers.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If they turn out to be incandescent lamps they are probably there to limit the current into the speakers. The tungsten filaments act as fast acting positive temperature coefficient themistors. They keep the bass drivers from being blown out and they are usually in series with the driver. If they are LEDs then they are decorative.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I see now that I completely missed the point of the initial question! Ooops

So the goal is to restore the function of the LEDs without the amp that originally supplied the drive signal. From the manual, the LED behavior is selected by the user and communicated from the amp to the LEDs by a dedicated cable:

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 11.31.26 AM.png

Personally, I think it would be very challenging to replicate what the original amp was providing. You might be able to interject an Arduino (for instance) to take control of the LEDs and react to the music.

Last edited:

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The 15 different LED patterns have no details whatsoever.
Years ago I built a sound level indicator device showing sounds from my stereo, TV and people talking.
When music is playing it shows sound levels with a string of LEDs bouncing with the bass and drums.