Strange Search

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
hello, i noticed that search does not work as i hoped it would.
1. there is not enough filters
2. results are not sorted, top results are usually many years old.
3. every time one does search, the one and only filter is reset back to "All Type *". Filters should only be changed manually. it would be nice if default filter is to only look in the current forum section (Homework for example).

could something be done to improve this? or am I missing something?

Last edited:

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Hello Bertus,

Thank you for that.. . did not....

Thinking i must have been missing something obvious i went through menus and scanned all i could and still could not find it....
So what sorcery is needed to find that link simply by navigating the site rather than knowing the exact link?

Even if I click on search icon, and type "advances search", there is still nothing.
Clicking on SHOW ALL does not show all results, it takes me to parts search
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/electronic-components/

@Yaakov
thanks for that... actually that is what i have been using but it is annoying to type so much since site name is long.
besides, forum has own search function, TONS of content so why not have the existing search perform as intended?
we have computers for one thing - to work for us.

hrs

Joined Jun 13, 2014
@Yaakov
thanks for that... actually that is what i have been using but it is annoying to type so much since site name is long.
You could consider a webshortcut if your browser supports it. The full URL of the shortcut is
Code:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:forum.allaboutcircuits.com+%s
The syntax may be Firefox specific.
Now I can type this in the browser address bar
Code:
 aac "Strange search"
and get the search results as shown in the screenshot.

Attachments

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
i am not aware of web browser that does not... in fact i have my page with hundreds of links already so all of my browsers can access the same thing. but what is the point in band aid when solution is to fix just one link on this site. and it would make things better for everyone, not just one user,

here is view of a small corner of the large page with bunch of search engines and other categories.
1643658588215.png

Last edited: