Strange Device

mThED17

Joined May 18, 2021
It is my opinion that what you have is an ordinary HDTV active antenna. I don't mean to be dismissive, but nothing about the circuit board appears to do anything but act as an amplifier in the frequency range expected. I have no idea what you observed vis-à-vis colored or infrared light (two different things) but I am betting on artifacts from the camera.

As far as power, that antenna came with a power injector and so if there was power present, somewhere on that coax is the injector, plugged into the wall. This is an OTA receiving antenna and not part of cable service. It would be wired to an antenna input, and while it might be there to enhance cable with OTA stations, the cable service (which I am sure, if you trace it, is disconnected at the pole or pedestal) would never provide power over their service delivery cable for it.

I think you need to chalk it up to being an old, dead antenna and the anomalies you have observed require explanations other than strange modified antennas which couldn't produce the results you describe.

This is my considered opinion, and while it may not be very satisfying, I think it is correct based on the facts presented and my long experience.
Thank you for taking the time to analyze the data I posted. I admit to having active imagination, however i have come across a number of different things, recently, that may have contributed to my concerns. I have two iCloud video links to share with you, if I may. The first is the “lighting phenomenon“ I observed, first in IR light and then in regular (in this case ”No”) light. The bar is on the right of the window, parallel right next to it. If you zoom in, you‘ll see the lighting:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Ld2zSacDGs2ELvnvxi63xmZA
The second is the creepy drone that landed in my driveway early last year; it’s only gotten weirder since then, I’m afraid… Thanks, again.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0SeIhYo395uVCmEjgE8sy6XQg

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
In the first video, what time of day is it?

Here’s what I see. In visible light, there is nothing to see because nothing is being emitted. The vent shows light from outside, which is expected. In IR, the outside (sun) can be seen because there is a lot of IR light coming in, the antenna can be seen because the IR illuminator of the camera is reflecting from it.