Stop thief - Defib unit - raspberry pi - python

KevinEamon

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Hey guys!
It's been too long, last year now. Been away on internship.
So it's time for the big final project now....
Does this fall under the purview of homework? I'm going to say yes! cause I'm doing it at home and it's work... and well this is where I love to be.

So very quickly I have to create and internet of things. It aims to prevent or identify unreputable types who are stealing and damaging defibrillator units.

So I'm thinking... raspberry pi, i'll have to learn python. Maybe SQL as well.
I've become really good with Excel and VBA but the project coordinator frowned upon it. After I poured about 8 hours of programming into it.... sigh...

So a few trip sensors: - then - open the door = trip one - speaker warning - lift out the defib trip 2, takes your pic - sends the Defib details and the pics to a database...

My questions would be: - Will the raspberry, python, sql etc... give me everything I need? Any suggestions... improvements... maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How will the Pi be powered? Some defib units could be in areas away from mains power and the Pi is somewhat power-hungry for a battery.

KevinEamon

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Thanks Alex;

I'll include those possible scenarios in the conclusions. I'm just really focused on getting the thing built atm. And btw assume I'm a complete n00b here:- I basically am with some of this stuff...

So for example technically, here's one question:- (I'm pretty sure I can do this but you never know.) I'm worried about the connection between the circuit and the pi.
Assume I get a high signal off the circuit (breadboard), can I fire up a python file, on the pi automatically, just from that high response?

KevinEamon

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Oh... kk I'll need to do a bit of digging around that Alex. I have access to a Pi 3... so "interrupt on change" is the magic word...