SR-type circuit question

jv1597

Joined Nov 15, 2020
I've been trying to get a new SR-type circuit going just to try something different. Does anybody have any ideas on how to turn the following circuit into an SR-type circuit?

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Your circuit won't work. Are you sure you want to do it with transistors? You can use any flip flop chip more easily.

Schematic with some whitespace removed:
srtmp.jpg
What voltage is VCC? What will use the output?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I'm sorry, the diagram I posted was a typo. Here is the corrected one.
There's no material difference. We still don't know what voltage you're using, what is driving the inputs, or what the output drives.

To make a flip flop, you need to cross couple the transistors and they're usually of the same polarity.

Did you notice that it's easier to view a graphics file?

The new circuit, with the extra white space:
1607010094352.png

jv1597

Joined Nov 15, 2020
Dennis, thanks for the input. I don't see what difference the input would be. The input may be 5v, 3.5v, 2.8v...etc... Input driver, ie: +vsw to A for output to line, output to base on a storage bit.

jv1597

Joined Nov 15, 2020
What I was trying to do is to get transistor be latched by means of a latching resistor configuration, then pop it out with a high, to enable it to function as a set/reset type of circuit. So hypothetically, the input would be driven out by the transistor circuit at A, and closed by the transistor circuit at B by means of lo input (ie: .5v) to be reset by a high input (ie: 1.1v).

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I don't see what difference the input would be. The input may be 5v, 3.5v, 2.8v...etc... Input driver, ie: +vsw to A for output to line, output to base on a storage bit.
Well it's obvious that you don't know much about circuit design. It does matter what voltages are used. It does matter what the flip flop is supposed to drive. It does matter what signals will toggle the flip flop.

Since you don't know what you're doing, answer our questions and we'll try to help you.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Here is another way at looking at a SET-RESET flip-flop.

A flip-flop requires positive feedback. Two inverters will create a flip-flop.
transistor positive feedback flip-flop.jpg

Since there is no difference in the SET and RESET functions, you can show symmetry in the circuit diagram.
transistor positive feedback flip-flop-2.jpg