Special material to be released when reaching a high temperature

datdang

Joined Feb 21, 2023
Hi everyone,
I have a idea to use a special material like a small pin to release my electronics equipment . This small pin will be melt down when I supply DC voltage through it . The temperature to be melt down could be around 300 celcius degrees. Could anyone suggest me some solutions . Thanks .

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If you're going to have active electronics on board, why bother with a melting pin? Just use a solenoid to pull a pin, or myriad other electromechanical actions. That would also have the advantage of being reusable.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi everyone,
I have a idea to use a special material like a small pin to release my electronics equipment . This small pin will be melt down when I supply DC voltage through it . The temperature to be melt down could be around 300 celcius degrees. Could anyone suggest me some solutions . Thanks .
Sounds like a fuse to me.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

What is the reason for this? How will it be used? Without understanding the application giving a good answer is going to be a matter of guessing and luck.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What do you mean by " release my electronics equipment "? Switch it on? Switch it off? Cause it to fall down? Make it accessible? ........?