Something to do

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am going stir crazy, I am thinking of organizing the various projects I have published as a book and letting a local internet based electronics component retailer an giving then away for free

Comments? Ideas? Discuss?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Are you not interested in additional projects? A couple I started on but never finished are an active rectifier (MOSFETs controlled by comparators, essentially), and a DIY inverter for powering EL devices.

The rectifier would be interesting to the wind power crowd and probably others. The EL power supply I wanted to make would use a wallwart run backwards to make about 150V at 400Hz to 2kHz or so. I’m not sure the typical wallwart would work at 2kHz but I wanted to give it a try. I have a circuit design that works well in simulation and I have it half built on my breadboard. :confused:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am still fighting my conundrum of building and testing these projects, I will figure this out eventually but I can not get to my garage ATM. When I do I will become a very busy woman, and a lot happier.I could do an inverter for an EL PS, what are the voltages an power requirements? Something like a mini Tesla coil? I am fighting active opposition to doing this. Maybe I can bring the opposition to end with this project. I will be at the docs all day tomorrow, So maybe Thursday I can stir the honeypot.