Something new every day!!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I did not know that.

The black diamonds which appear every 19 3/16” on metal tape measures are for spacing I-beam “timbers.” Several wood-product manufacturers offer I-beam “timbers” as a substitute for solid lumber floor joists. The diamond marks on tape rule blades are for spacing these engineered floor joists in new construction.

1620587057740.png

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
The first inch in a tape measure is not an inch it's short 16th of an inch and the hook is 16th of an thick for making inside measurements :)

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
There's a trick I saw once I can't find it anywhere on the internet but it's something to do with giving your length of your arms and your height and some other measurement .it gives you like the date you were born or something like that does that sound familiar in any way. I was just a kid when it was shown to me I thought it was magic.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A couple in the same vein is Guess,
1/ if you were to wind a piece of string around your head/forehead and how many turns would you need for the string length to equal your height?
2/ What was your age, when you were half your present adult height?

Ans:
1/ = 3
2/ = age 2.

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Are you saying if you wrap a piece of string around your head three times it will equal your height?
2, I'm 6 ft tall so when I was at the age of two I was 3 ft tall?
What about the tape measure does that ring a bell or anything

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
1/ if you were to wind a piece of string around your head/forehead and how many turns would you need for the string length to equal your height?
Not another one! The charts in the doctors office tell me I'm not tall enough for my weight and now this. My head tells me I'm too short. I'm 5' 10" but wear a size 7 7/8 hat.