[SOLVED] LED help

john2k

Joined Nov 14, 2019
I have a little car LED unit that i want to swap LED to another colour and when I test it with the +12v and Ground connections the LED lights up. I've attached a picture of the rear side too. There appears to be two resistors and at the rear there is some sort of metal plates that everything is soldered to but usually i am able to re-solder a led but for some reason the solder or whatever it is bonded with isn't melting. So i just cut the legs off the LED and soldered a new replacement LED but for some reason now the LED doesn't light up. from what I can see, the ground connections all working fine because if i make the positive leg of the led touch the first resistor on the positive side then it lights up but if i touch it to the second resistor or the original plate then it doesn't light up.

Looking at the rear layout, how exactly is the LED's linked up to the resitors? I'm assuming the LED and both resistors are all tied to the same pin but does all the positive side need to all be paired together too?

john2k

Joined Nov 14, 2019
Its ok I've got it working. I think when I cut it the metal plate contact got damaged. So I have another one and this time I cut it slowly by using a rotary tool