Solenoid Push pull with rotation

Amar Ahirwar

Joined Aug 28, 2018
Hi guys,

Working on a new project, facing some problem. Let's create a scenario. If I want to push a small size of a rod where spring suspension is used. For pushing it I m using solenoid push-pull, after pushing it I have to rotate it, So my concern is how I can rotate the same rod after pushing. Is there any component available in the market, in which we can push it and rotated it to. Or is there any creative mechanism you guys have so I can implement it.
Hope my thread is understood to all

Regards, Amar

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Let's say a plunger has two positions.....back and forth. Where does rotation take place? During back and forth? During forth and back? At back position? At forth position?

Always clockwise? Always counterclockwise? Reversible?

Explain yourself.

Amar Ahirwar

Joined Aug 28, 2018
hi Amar,
When you say rotate, is that by an know angle, clockwise. anti-clockwise or continuous rotation.?
E
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I want to use a stepper motor which will be for both the direction. Because of a stepper motor, we can decide the known angle and direction too as per our requirement.

Amar Ahirwar

Joined Aug 28, 2018
Let's say a plunger has two positions.....back and forth. Where does rotation take place? During back and forth? During forth and back? At back position? At forth position?

Always clockwise? Always counterclockwise? Reversible?

Explain yourself.
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I want to use a stepper motor which will be for both the direction. Because of a stepper motor, we can decide the known angle and direction too as per our requirement.

Amar Ahirwar

Joined Aug 28, 2018
Hi guys,

The link below shows the standard Indian gas stove in which the locking system of a gas knob is of a spring mechanism. I want to make this knob automatic by using a motor and circuit stuff. But the condition is I cannot change the spring mechanism which presents inside the stove.
I have to work only on a knob. Is there any gear mechanism or any type of component which can do both push and rotation work.

Here is the link :-

rbegel

Joined Sep 1, 2017
Hi guys,

Working on a new project, facing some problem. Let's create a scenario. If I want to push a small size of a rod where spring suspension is used. For pushing it I m using solenoid push-pull, after pushing it I have to rotate it, So my concern is how I can rotate the same rod after pushing. Is there any component available in the market, in which we can push it and rotated it to. Or is there any creative mechanism you guys have so I can implement it.
Hope my thread is understood to all

Regards, Amar
You could just install the motor, so the so the rod is pushed all the time, and you only need to rotate the rod.

Sincerely Robert

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
You could leave it permanently depressed as suggested above.
There may be an alternate solution, depending on the details ...
If you can locate a left hand pitch, 6 threads per inch, Acme threaded rod, then one counter-clockwise rotation of the rod will depress the knob approximately 0.16 inches.
A pin would be inserted in the knob end of the rod and would engage the knob handle after one revolution, subsequently initiating counter-clockwise rotation to the gas-on position. To re-iterate the idea, the first counter-clockwise rotation of the Acme rod would just slide freely on the knob surface, moving forward 0.16 inches, until it engaged a portion of the knob surface, and then, a further counter-clockwise rotation would actually start the knob rotation to the gas-on position. The gas-off position would slmply be the reverse motor sequence.
A sketch or diagram would convey the concept more clearly and resolve any conflicts.