looking for a 12volt DC push/pull solenoid

davidbenjamindix

Joined Feb 25, 2010
im trying to find a couple of decent 12volt DC push/pull solenoids. i don't have a ton of money to spend, so im asking for suggestions where i should look. i have a 12 volt motorcycle battery charger for the DC power source, and a 4 channel 12volt DC remote control which I plan on using for the on/off switch.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
im trying to find a couple of decent 12volt DC push/pull solenoids. i don't have a ton of money to spend, so im asking for suggestions where i should look. i have a 12 volt motorcycle battery charger for the DC power source, and a 4 channel 12volt DC remote control which I plan on using for the on/off switch.
Old VCRs, which are nearly free these days, often have solenoids in them. So do old, tape-based answering machines. If you can find a junk pile, you can find a solenoid.

davidbenjamindix

Joined Feb 25, 2010
i decided to use an actuator. the car mechanic ive been going to for a while wrote a note to himself. the next time he changes the actuators on a door lock/central lock system, he's going to give me the actuators/solenoids for nothing. that way i won't have to buy anything. yay.