So whats with the twin towers thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Did a moderator actually start a political thread? Then close it? This is what I mean when I say some people are more equal then others. No biggie but didn't he just make a big sticky about don't post political threads here? Just strikes me as amusing.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I was about to ask the same.

I did not see any flaming there. I just replied to Loosie about what I think in 9/11 and the culprits behind it.

Thread is no political or religious discussion, rather on opinions I believe.
It was wrong IMO to lock it.

A thread should be locked only if we start to flame.
We should be allowed to discuss things between more senior members.
What I believe is that we have more respectable and civilized members than else where.
Cause we know not to disrespect and start flame wars.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
My theory conforms with reality. A bunch of homicidally deranged and thoroughly brainwashed individuals learned to piliot aircraft, then hijacked commercial passenger jets for the purpose of using them as missiles to mass-murder civilians in the West. The rest is history.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is pretty much my take on it.

The reason I started the thread is to point out the lunacy around this event. I was pretty much done with the thread.

This is a flame free zone, we try very hard to keep it that way. Some of the other guys felt is was swinging into a bad place, so it was closed. Hard feelings are hard to put back into the bottle once they are created. It is a judgment call sometimes.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
70 Virgins My ass....oooops sorry.

If the pilots aren't from USA, I'd say they are bunch misguided homo's.

and IF it was an inside job...like political as such, I think bush wanted a second round.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
70 Virgins My ass....oooops sorry.

If the pilots aren't from USA, I'd say they are bunch misguided homo's.

and IF it was an inside job...like political as such, I think bush wanted a second round.
Now come on R!f@@, it doesn't say that they are 70 female virgins.:D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Remember, it is among the site's rules that no politics or religion discussions are allowed in the Off-topic section. The subject itself, not when people flame about them.

Of course there isn't a line between conversation and political debate so judgment calls are needed.

If you think I have closed a thread without reason, PM and we 'll talk about it with the rest of the Mods.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey Sparky......I was just thinking out loud. U know those suicide bombers, blowing up themselves killing innocents in order to go to heaven and have an orgy with 70 virgins...
like that's gonna happen....

Geo...I'm cool...no worries, just thinking out loud...
I like to read the things that goes on in off topic...it never fails to make my day...

Come on Mods....gives us a little space here...to throw around some thoughts...

Of course u can delete the post if it is inappropriate...and warn the member...
Just locking it something u know not cool..or something..
Guys..help me out..

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Remember, it is among the site's rules that no politics or religion discussions are allowed in the Off-topic section. The subject itself, not when people flame about them.

Of course there isn't a line between conversation and political debate so judgment calls are needed.

If you think I have closed a thread without reason, PM and we 'll talk about it with the rest of the Mods.
I don't care either way. I just see so much political discussions here started from about anything remotely controversial. I just thought it was incredibly odd that the leader in the charge against talking politics and religion would post a thread that would immediately lead to both. I don't think it should be locked, it never should have been posted. If any normal member would have posted that thread it would have been locked and deleted within minutes, just by reading the title. Thats my only point.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Lets just say I disagree with that statement. It did what I meant it too, and I was not a moderator when I posted. Other expectations are all yours.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just under a week. But the thread was valid in any case. Sometimes the catch and play of posts go toward odd places.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
C'mon Bill, be a man and admit you screwed up.

There was nothing in that post that anybody could have contributed without violation. Which is too bad, because there where some fascinating science going on.

TheFox

Joined Apr 29, 2009
Between the two topics, this one is the one that has be more geared to being offensive. Using it to take shots at moderators, for no real reason. Were he not a mod, you wouldn't have started this thread, and used it to gig him.

Status
Not open for further replies.