Smart phone to Port 80?

osx-addict

Joined Feb 9, 2012
I had a scanning app for the Mac that would look on the same subnet as the mac and report back what IP's responded along with their MAC-address and who the mfg of the item was (e.g. apple, cisco, etc).. Works nicely to see what IP's are active and alive.. I used it when mapping out the 30+ devices that connect to our network at home and allowed me to assign DHCP addresses to each instead of getting random IP's from the pool.. Lots of ipods, Nook ebook readers, printers,xbox, etc..

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Heeellllp!!!

Allright, I was able to access my web server board via my Iphone... no more!!! I was able to go on google and type '192.168.1.60' in the address bar and was able to to access my web server board from another PC on my LAN... no more!!! I was able to ping my web server board from another machine on my LAN... no more!!!! What happened? I didn't change anything!!!!

In my web server board I have set the follwing:
-Static IP is always the same '192.168.1.60'.
-The default gateway set to the router's IP address which is '192.168.1.1'.
-The default mask set to '255.255.255.0'
-The DNS server IP is the one I have in my router which is '207.164.234.129'

Please view my settings of the router in the attachements below.

I have not changed anything in the MCU's code!!! I have not changed any other settings all I did was gave it a rest just to come back today and find out that it doesn't work anymore. I tried to ping '192.168.1.60 from my PC and its says something along the lines that it is unreachable .... I am a little nervous :eek:

I didn't change the cable, I didn't change the code, I didn't change the router's configuration heck the DCHP IP address from my ISP is still the same... yeeeeaikes!!!! whyyyy!

Is there some setting that the router changes on it's own? The only thing I see different in my router's settings compared to the old settings is the router's IP address is not the same as the one below. Under 'status'>'Router' the old router's IP address was
'70.52.56.126' and everything used to work. Now as shown below this very IP address changed to '70.52.58.143' ???? and now nothing works anymore.
Please someone help!

discouraged! :confused:

r

Attachments

Last edited:

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Now this is weirder than weird!

I left for supper for about one hour and a half, came back re-opened my C compiler. I re-loaded my Ethernet code sample (Always the same one). I then opened a window called "edit Project" in my compiler and all the settings were fine in this window. I looked over to the "build type" setting where this option can be on 'Release or 'ICD Debug'. Mine was set on "Release". So I set it to "ICD Debug" and then back to "Release". Closed this window. Re-compiled and downloaded the sample in the PIC and bang it worked again.

In a way I am happy but by the same token, I would really like to know what the heck happenned as to why it didn't want to work earlier. I tried and tried for atleast 2 hours and nada. And now, without any explanation... it works .... Perplexed!

Does anyone have an idea as to what just happened to here?

All insight very appreciated!
r