Slowly stop small dc motor

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Thanks Matt, as the thread was progressing it was unclear to me.

Knowing that makes a BIG difference to the people responding to your thread.

You have been given three solutions and there are more.

Max and Gopher's solution with the 555 timer is a hybrid solution. Using analog and digital techniques.
If you want to get your feet wet, I would recommend this. Low cost, but some study time.

Mike's solution is digital and will give you absolute, adjustable control. It's low cost too, but along with electronic study, it will require some programming. If you want to go full bore on this stuff, Mike can make it seem easy. That's probably because he's already done everything wrong. At least that's the only way things get easy for me.

Colin's solution is analog, simple, fast and very cheap. You should be able to get all parts you don't have with a few minutes drive. This should have the advantage with battery power. But like everything else, if you want to know how it works, it will take some study also.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
You are right. There was power to the transistor for 1 second but no power to the motor. Error has been corrected.
Just a suggestion - there are a few car interior light delay circuits on the net.

One of those is probably a ready made solution for the TS, the only modification is reduce the timing capacitor.