Slow illuminate

Whit1st

Joined Oct 12, 2018
Hey I hope someone can help, I'm looking for a circuit that will, when switched slowly raise the the brightness of a lamp from 0 - 100% in about 2 seconds, and likewise from 100 - 0% in the same timeframe. Simple I should think but I have zero knowledge.
I appreciate any help or guidance.

Whit1st

Joined Oct 12, 2018
hi,
I assume you already have a control box that is connected between the 240Vac supply and the 7.5Watt LED's.?
E
Yes, the cabinet lighting kit came with the control box and LED's, however as explained I wanted a fancy illumination / deillumination from a PIR sensor, should be a nice effect when walking into the kitchen :)

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I follow what you are asking for, no problem.
But its important for us to know what you have already have on hand for the project.
Part numbers or web links of the bits you have, so that we can suggest a way of interconnecting a brightness/dimming module.

E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Looking over the units that you have already, ie: the mains to DC power supply and three 7.5W LED lamps, I would say adding a PIR and dimming control is not a simple matter, especially as you have stated, you have no electrical skills.
A PIR and dimmer unit could be fitted between the mains unit and the lamps, but I suspect if you did that it would invalidate the warranty on the mains unit/lamp.
I would recommend that you contact a local qualified electrician to get this modification work done.

E