Exactly what i am aiming for. I am designing ABY pedal for a music instrument. Instead of having too many buttons to press, i can have one button.Went down this road many years ago for an intercom circuit.
Since the start of a long press looks could look like a short press, there are two options:
1. Action on the leading edge: The act of pressing the button toggles the output every time. Then, if the button is held down long enough, the circuit resets. This leads to very short output conditions
2. Action on the trailing edge: Pressing the button does nothing; releasing the button causes action. If the button was held down below the reset-time-discriminator period, the output toggles. If the button was held down longer than the reset time discriminator, the circuit resets when the discriminator times out even if the button is still held down.
3. Combination: Pressing the button causes the output to toggle as in #1. But if the button is held down long enough, the circuit holds off resetting until after the button is released.
If it’s held for long, no matter what state it is, it resets or stay low..Sure it can be done, once you define exactly how the button is supposed to function.
Assuming this is a pedal switch to be operated by the foot:
1) One press and release turns on a circuit.
2) The next press and release turns off a circuit.
3) If the circuit is OFF, one press held for longer than x seconds does what??? while pressed and what??? on release.
4) If the circuit is ON, one press held for longer than x seconds does what??? while pressed and what??? on release.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Paralleling 3 motors on a single H Bridge ?||General Electronics Chat||0|
|B||LTSpice displaying a single curve from a .step family||General Electronics Chat||1|
|J||Single phase power factor controllers - do they exist?||Power Electronics||1|
|C||Single Pushbutton On/Off||General Electronics Chat||3|
|E||Single pushbutton selector switch. Help needed.||General Electronics Chat||6|
by Steve Arar
by Gary Elinoff
by Luke James