Single pushbutton selector switch. Help needed.

evo.motorsport

Joined Jun 20, 2007
I’m trying to make single push-button selector switch. Every time button pushed output must switsh to the next output.

It should work something like it indicated on this picture.

or even better like on this picture.

Please help

Attachments

Voltboy

Joined Jan 10, 2007
I guess that there are switches like this and that hardware stores maybe sells them. But if I had to do this on my own, I would use a pen, the type that you press to write, this pens work like this, they go up and down and move some degress around each time you push them.
I think this could work for ya.

-Yoda

evo.motorsport

Joined Jun 20, 2007
I guess that there are switches like this and that hardware stores maybe sells them. But if I had to do this on my own, I would use a pen, the type that you press to write, this pens work like this, they go up and down and move some degress around each time you push them.
I think this could work for ya.

-Yoda
I'm talking about digital solution, NOT mecanical.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
A rotary switch would be pretty compact.

As to the requirement - how many outputs? You have 4 pictured. Is the output to go high or low? What kind of load will the logic drive? Any logic family in mind? Does the output go back to zero after the highest count?

evo.motorsport

Joined Jun 20, 2007
A rotary switch would be pretty compact.

As to the requirement - how many outputs? You have 4 pictured. Is the output to go high or low? What kind of load will the logic drive? Any logic family in mind? Does the output go back to zero after the highest count?
It has to be a push-button. Output must go to 1, 2, 3, 4 ,1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on.
I don't know what logic to use, that's why I'm asking you guys ;(

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Check on the CD4017 cmos chip for the selector..... it can be configured for 1 to 10 sequentual digital outputs from a clock input..(or debounced switch).

Check the CD4016 or CD4066 for the 4 x bilateral switch. These will switch analogue (audio works a treat) but can also be used for digital.

evo.motorsport

Joined Jun 20, 2007
Check on the CD4017 cmos chip for the selector..... it can be configured for 1 to 10 sequentual digital outputs from a clock input..(or debounced switch).

Check the CD4016 or CD4066 for the 4 x bilateral switch. These will switch analogue (audio works a treat) but can also be used for digital.
Thanks alot.