simulating Flyback converter in Pspice

yot g

Joined May 19, 2015
hi all,
this is my first time posting here and i need some serious help..
i'm studying Electrical Engineering and got a project rather than homework, in Power Electronics.
i need to design and simulate a Flyback converter that matches the following rules:

Vin=12v
Vout=60v
Pout=30W
i got a free hand in choosing the Duty Cycle, Capacitor value, Diode type, switch type and frequency, Resistor value.
my main problem, and the reason that i'm posting it, is that i really don't know how to do it and what values to put in my simulation properties.
i know how to work with Pspice and i've been working with it for about two years now.
i'm using version 16.6 lite.
any help will come handy.
thanks all.
btw, all of the components in the simulation need to be based on real components..

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A significant part is the design of the flyback transformer.
Have you considered the characteristics of that?

Do you have a basic schematic to start with?

yot g

Joined May 19, 2015
A significant part is the design of the flyback transformer.
Have you considered the characteristics of that?

Do you have a basic schematic to start with?
i do have a basic scheme, and the characteristics are determined by me. i got a free hand with basically everything i want, beside the input and output voltage and the power on the resistor, as i wrote at the beginning.

yot g

Joined May 19, 2015
thanks,
i have learned that and i know the bases.
the one and only problem is making the Pspice simulation work.. that's all..

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The problem seems to be that you may understand flyback regulator operation but apparently don't know how to design one. That has nothing to do with Pspice.
Pspice is not for doing the design, it is for simulating it. The simulation is in place of doing an initial breadboard.
Once you have the design then you just put those design values in Pspice and do the simulation.

So have you been taught any of the mathematics of flyback operation?
That's required to do the design.

Last edited: