Simulate MPLAB USART 16f886/7 query.

Torbek

Joined Apr 19, 2019
Following microchips example of injecting with a message file, but attempting to alter a little as such...

Code:
wait 30 ms
"0x05"
wait 2.5 ms
"0xfa"
wait 2.5 ms
"0x05"
wait 2.5 ms
"0xfa"
wait 2.5 ms
"0x05"
wait 2.5 ms
"0xfa"
wait 2.5 ms
"0x05"
wait 2.5 ms
"0xfa"
wait 2.5 ms
"0x05"
wait 2.5 ms
"0xfa"
wait 2.5 ms
"0x05"
wait 2.5 ms
"0xfa"
So I want to send a byte every 2.5ms for a total of 12 bytes then wait 30mS before sending again.

Tried with and without quotes, set everything as per MPLAB help, made sure the 'play' button is pressed in stimulus, sending to RCREG, nothing appears in the output window and there is no indication that MPLAB is attempting to send.

Can anyone please give me guidance?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Have you verified if the simulator can do it with that peripheral?

Check the specific help of the version you are using.

Torbek

Joined Apr 19, 2019
Have you verified if the simulator can do it with that peripheral?

Check the specific help of the version you are using.
Where would I find that specific help? MPLAB only refers to 18F series. I have written to serial port through direct method and that works!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Still using ver 5.25

Make sure you selected the PIC of your interest.
Make sure you selected Simulator as Debug Tool.
Now:

Window >> Dashboard >> Debug Tool >> 2nd line immediately below

or

Help >> Tool Help Contents >> Simulator Help >> Simulator Overview >> Simulated Peripheral Support by Device >> Click for simulated peripheral.

Cannot help any further. Busy with something different right now. Buena suerte and please post the outcome.

PD: regarding simulations, Microchip suggests: do your simulation in real hardware. Except for a bunch of delay routines I wrote for a clock frequency that I had never used before; all I did later was on real hardware.