Simple way to see through objects?

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
I'm looking for a simple technology to see through objects, or at least detecting non-uniformity in an obscured/covered uniform material.
I know there're some ultrasonic devices that are able to provide image through objects, such as sonography for body tissue, or ultrasound cleft detectors.
but, how can it be generalized for various materials with different acoustic impedance? and by using simple ultrasound modules like these?
as an example,consider that I'm about to detect a paper in a sealed bag of rice without disclosing or detecting a nail in a boxed tea packet.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I see through objects all the time. Looking through my window right now and I just had a glass of water. I could see the water in the glass!

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
well, for ultrasonic wave ,
I think there must be a table for acoustic impedance of different materials,
and a formula that shows the relation between resolution of imaging and frequency (or wavelength) in relation of that impedance (or attenuation).
also impact of piezoelectric crystal dimention on that resolution.
maybe anyone here roughly put these formulas into the mind to know how much resolution a simple ultrasound like this (usually are used for range measurement) can provide,at least for detecting non-uniformity in a usual covered object?
BTW that there are also some upcoming techs like T-ray that seems no to be such complicated and expensive in implemetation,maybe the same easy and cheap as Uwave devices!

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I wouldn't think of ultrasonic as looking thru something. We are listening to an echo or vibration.

But it might be possible in the near future to actually see thru most objects with non visible EM. And it is the terra wave revolution. Being able to saturate objects with non resonant(inert) flux opens many applications in so many fields. Especially with materials science.

Hopefully these scanners will be like cameras on cell phones one day.

Terra hertz tech means true tricorders. 3D mass/signal analysis.

Terra hertz tech will show that mass is resonance. This resonance catalog defines everything.