Simple question on a symbol in schematic

Meycom

Joined Oct 19, 2015
I am a novice electronics tech and have encountered a symbol I cannot identify on a schematic for an audio mixer.
It's an upside down triangle with a squiggly line similar to a reversed S sideways?..
Any ideas?

Jeff

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
You can take the image, upload it to Google Image search and it will find similar images and even guess what it is.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I guess there are more than one symbol like that in the schematic, then I think all should be connected together.

GS3

Joined Sep 21, 2007
The triangle is an earth or ground. The fact that it has the alternating symbol added makes me think it is the gnd of the AC side of a power supply or other circuit which has a separate DC side gnd.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It appears to be a non-standard earth ground symbol, possibly the grounded neutral, and used due to the general prevalent misuse of the earth ground symbol for circuit common.
Max.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
In an audio mixer, probably an analog ground, as opposed to a digital ground. For noise control, ground currents from the analog amplifiers is kept separate from the ground current for the digital control logic circuits.

ak