Signal Generator with 20Vpp output (from 0V to 20V)

Martino Chiro

Joined May 1, 2015
I'm looking for a signal generator with an output of 20Vpp and the negative peak referenced to 0V. No top level or high precision signal generator,
i need it for my (hobby level) lab. Looking in the online shops, it seems that most of the generators have at maximum 10Vpp and moreover is not clear if
the bottom half wave is at 0V , 5V or something else.
Thank you

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm looking for a signal generator with an output of 20Vpp and the negative peak referenced to 0V. No top level or high precision signal generator,
i need it for my (hobby level) lab. Looking in the online shops, it seems that most of the generators have at maximum 10Vpp and moreover is not clear if
the bottom half wave is at 0V , 5V or something else.
Thank you
You need a run of the mill device with a DC offset. You set 20V P-P with a +10 VDC offset and you are done.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
A few off-the-shelf sig gen can do 20v p-p with or without an offset. The Siglent SDG2000 series can across the board. My lower-end SDG1032X can do so below 10MHz.

What have you looked at, and what's your budget?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
ut it also has DC offset of ±10V.
The +/-10V is with no signal. (small signal)

I have design signal generators. There is a power supply for the output stage. Lets say the supply is +20V and -20V. No matter how you adjust the offset and gain you cannot get more than 20V and -20V. And at high frequencies you cannot get large voltage swings.

On the help line we get asked every day; Why I can't get 200 volts? I can't get 3 amps? Why does the square wave look bad at max frequency? Why does it cost so much?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Explain? What do you get if you specify 10V peak output with 10V DC offset?
Lets say you have a 10V peak signal. So the wave is swinging 20Vpp. Now add a 10V offset. The signal will from 0 to 20V. If the output amp can only do +/-20V you are at the upper limit.
Adding an offset does extend the range.
I do not know if a generator that outputs +/-20V into a 50 ohm load.
The below generator does +/-5V into 50 ohms which is +/-10V into an open circuit.
1684538228540.png
Keysight

Martino Chiro

Joined May 1, 2015
A few off-the-shelf sig gen can do 20v p-p with or without an offset. The Siglent SDG2000 series can across the board. My lower-end SDG1032X can do so below 10MHz.

What have you looked at, and what's your budget?
My budget is in order for a the Sigilent you quote. But, these Sigilent can produce a 20Vpp wave with an offset of 10V ? As in the attached picture ?

Attachments