Sequential dual DPDT relay from single trigger source

genner

Joined Jan 29, 2019
Hello sghioto thank you so much for working so hard in helping me with this. For the second simpler circuit I take it that the 556 IC is still being powered even after the 2 second trigger 12v from the alarm panel is gone? The 12v power source above sw2 that only provides power for the worm gear motor is that correct?
Just to make sure I understand the circuit, RL A(next to D2) is also the "Output" switching side for this DPDT relay and is marked as A(above SW2) and also for RL B(next to D4) the "output" switching side for this DPDT relay is marked B where the motor diagram is? Total of two DPDT relays.

BTW I like your second circuit because on standby there is no power consumption which I like plus it looks much easier to build using the 556 chip. Thank you so much for this power consideration, design and logic help.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I take it that the 556 IC is still being powered even after the 2 second trigger 12v from the alarm panel is gone? The 12v power source above sw2 that only provides power for the worm gear motor is that correct?
The 12 volt supply provides power for the motor and maintains power to the 556 circuit after the alarm signal is removed.
I have redrawn the schematic to indicate the contacts associated which each relay. Contact A1 switches power to the motor and A2 is the contact that maintains power to the circuit. B relay contacts switch the motor connections to operate the motor in the reverse direction.
SG