Sensored Brushless DC Motor Throttle Automation Problem

Hug0

Joined Apr 13, 2021
Hello I'm fairly new to messing around with hardware so please forgive my ignorance. So what I'm trying to do is control the throttle on my motor controller i have with an arduino. The controller traditionally uses a hall sensor I would give the part number but when i disassembled it I broke it :/ and couldn't read the writing, so i bought a second just for testing it works as intended. So i thought that maybe i could replace it with a digital potentiometer it came it and when i hooked it up the throttle became random, intermittent, and unpredictable so to give an example i was using an rc controller attached to my arduino to control the digital potentiometer and when i would throttle up nothing would happen or it would go full speed for a couple seconds and then nothing and then i could wait a while with it on and it would do it more. to try to be as helpful to everyone trying to help i have measured the change with the throttle and when measuring the ground and signal wire the voltage changes from 4.3v - 2.1v measured from my multimeter it goes from high to low voltage high being slow low being fast. for what ever reason I was unable to measure a resistance change across the wires no matter how i attempted to measure it I then attempted to supply the same voltages to the controller using the pwm ports and was able to get around the same voltage range however I was unable to get it to even budge.

if someone could give me some insight on how i can control the throttle automatically using the controller that would be nice if I have to use a custom circuit if some one could point me in the right direction please not I'm not familiar with electrical diagrams if you think my wiring might have been wrong or i was trying to do it from the wrong place please let me know thank you.

Parts Im using:
x9c104 - digital potentiometer
arduino mega 256
Throttle - https://www.amazon.com/DELUXEMOTO-Universal-Electric-Throttle-Handlebar/dp/B06XF7R2H1
motor and controller - https://www.amazon.com/TDPRO-Brushless-Electric-Controller-Motorized/dp/B07K17J5D4