Senior Project

Hasan Alhamdani

Joined Nov 19, 2019
Hi, I'm an engineering student. I am trying to make a phone alarm to connect to a Bluetooth motor.
I'm in my senior year of high school and I have to figure this out for a project in my engineering class. My project is about making a vibrator pillow so people can wake up without waking up your spouse or the whole family.
How I'm a able to do this?

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Hi Hasan, welcome... please note that we have rules of helping with homework assignments but not doing them for you. I suggest doing some research about how something like this is done. I have no ideas what you did all year long but hopefully you paid attention and know how to get started on this.... good luck and please come back when you've started your project and either want to share or need help when you get stuck

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
How I'm a able to do this?
What is the scope of the project? Are you expected to build your own Bluetooth transceiver? Or can you use an off-the-shelf Bluetooth module available for less than $10? If the latter, then you need to acquire a Bluetooth module, put it on a breadboard and see what you can do with it.

Hasan Alhamdani

Joined Nov 19, 2019
What is the scope of the project? Are you expected to build your own Bluetooth transceiver? Or can you use an off-the-shelf Bluetooth module available for less than $10? If the latter, then you need to acquire a Bluetooth module, put it on a breadboard and see what you can do with it.
We can use of-the-shelf Bluetooth module. I feel like we can find an easier way. But how do we add a vibration element to a Bluetooth speaker?

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
How do we add a vibration element to a Bluetooth speaker?
Why would you use a speaker when the whole point of the project is silence? I seem to remember when dissecting an old cell phone that it contained a tiny electric motor with an unbalanced weight to provide vibration. Maybe you should fashion something similar for inserting into a pillow.