sending unit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Clayton Katz, Nov 2, 2015.

  1. Clayton Katz

    Thread Starter New Member

    Nov 1, 2015
    Hello, I have a water tank with a agitator i use on it for brewing, and basically it has a float similar to that of a car anyway basically the agitation in the tank makes the gauge unusable what can i add inline to even out a varying resistance fairly low 0 to 100 ohms? the gauge is similar to a cars in the fact the system for agitation runs on 12 volts. Would a capacitor do so? what capacitance might i need if so?. thanks
  2. #12


    Nov 30, 2010
    A floppy float switch? Can't tell for sure without knowing what its signal is going to. When you're around 100 ohms, the capacitor gets pretty large.

    A mechanical method can work. A float in a baffle can or a tube connected to the bottom of the tank going to a float chamber...
  3. Alec_t

    AAC Fanatic!

    Sep 17, 2013
    I'd go with the mechanical method #12 suggested. Apart from reliability/simplicity it has the benefit that the float won't be bobbing up and down so wear on the resistance/wiper will be less.