Searching for a special on-off switch....

Lithos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
I am trying to find a push switch (button) that closes and opens (ON-OFF) the circuit instantly, even if I keep pressing it and as compact as it can be.
Thanks for the help!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
How is the switch being used (i.e. what is it switching)? What is your definition of "instantly"?

I don't know of any mechanical switches with this property, so the solution will need to involve some electronics. What is the maximum frequency that the switch would be operated?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Couldn't you use a normal momentary action switch, and then solve the rest of the problem with code (in case you're using an MCU) or with additional circuitry?

Lithos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
The circuit is a simple circuit with a lamp and a battery (passive components)
This is what I want the switch to do!
01.png

Lithos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
I am not searching for a circuit, but for a component!
I am searching for this specific switch, if it exists ..

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I am not searching for a circuit, but for a component!
I am searching for this specific switch, if it exists ..
I'm not aware of any mechanical switch out there with the behavior that you want. Although I know of several mechanical contraptions that would do the job, if adapted properly.

That being said, mounting a circuit on a normal switch would be easiest.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008

Lithos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
Search on "pulse switch" or "piezo switch." Here is one version: https://electronic-products-design....ics/filters/convert-toggle-switch-on-to-pulse

I think it can also be done with a relay and double pole switch. Wire the switch in series with the relay so that the relay opens the other circuit that the switch closes. That way the switch can keep the relay pulled in , which will keep the circuit to the other pole open.
That is one solution (the relay), but I want one component...