Screen Display

Digit.lsb

Joined Apr 2, 2022
Hi there,
is there anyone who could explain me how the electric charges can form images on the display of my phone? How does the GPU form images on my screen? In particular i'm interested in the circuit schematic built for this purpose.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

This is not a simple question with a simple answer. It will take a lot of pages to explain the whole story from how transistors work to how microcomputers and graphics cards work.

What is your background and your knowledge of math, physics, electronics, computers, programming?

There are many sources on the internet that explain this in great detail. We just need to know where you need to begin and in what depth you wish to understand this.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
There is a video series about a guy who builds an entire computer. This video here is about the graphics portion. Watch the series from the beginning if you don't understand, he goes over all the basics.

Digit.lsb

Joined Apr 2, 2022
Welcome to AAC!

This is not a simple question with a simple answer. It will take a lot of pages to explain the whole story from how transistors work to how microcomputers and graphics cards work.

What is your background and your knowledge of math, physics, electronics, computers, programming?

There are many sources on the internet that explain this in great detail. We just need to know where you need to begin and in what depth you wish to understand this.
Thank you, I have a bachelor degree in electronic engineering, so I think I can learn more about this topic even if it is complex.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thank you, I have a bachelor degree in electronic engineering, so I think I can learn more about this topic even if it is complex.
In that case I will skip ahead and you can decide how much of this is too complex to fully understand.
I am going to make the assumption that when you say Screen Display you are referring to a modern computer LCD display and not the NTSC/PAL/VGA/TV scanning standards

ST Microelectronics STM32F7 MCUs have graphics processor built-in known as Chrom-ART.
Have a look at this for starters, and then this.