Schematic Diagram

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
What is the first top left component in the first image? Don't know who is the manufacturer. How to draw a circuit using board? Is it finding with continuity?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
You can draw in two circuits and another is to mix them to one circuit, three pins could be mosfet or bjt, when you drawing that you just draw them as three pins, after completed the circuit and then we can analyze the circuit.

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
I am trying to figure out the connections. as soon as I draw the diagram. I am going to post it here. after that I need help to finish the schematic and I have to make this pcb. this circuit is the constant current supply driver for weak laser (may be 20mw). This was working fine until my friend used wrong side battery. and after that it stopped working. so I want to make one of this may be more to make pointers. I am in the middle of drawing the circuit.

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
from y2 is the backside. so up to y2 component it is front side. i hope somebody will give me a best schematic for this which will enable me to print pcb and work on it. Thank you for the replies and help.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Maybe just U1 is blown, and you can just replace it, if you can find out what it is. Here's a typical "boost" converter with a minimum of pins. CE = enable. So, only 3 pins are really involved in the boost. At least the inductor connection looks similar. I didn't check the rest that carefully.

upload_2015-1-28_9-41-12.png

John

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
Maybe just U1 is blown, and you can just replace it, if you can find out what it is. Here's a typical "boost" converter with a minimum of pins. CE = enable. So, only 3 pins are really involved in the boost.

View attachment 79501

John
can we use this for laser diodes? how to control the current in this. I am not seeing no pot or resistors. I want to make a constant current of 300mA.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You implied it is a constant current supply. My suspicion is that there is a boost component and that the transistor on the back may be for the constant current part. Your drawing for U1's connections is similar to the NCP1402. The pot may be involved in setting the current.

John

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
yes you are very correct i thin. the front side is the boost component and back transistor is to control the current (constant current). can you put all these components in a schematic for me? so according to you we can use ncp1402 instead of that first component which we don't know about?

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
yes Sir, this board is from china also. lol. But how to find what component is that? is there a way that I can find about it?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
SparkFun has that converter in 3.3V and 5V versions for little more than the parts' cost (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10968). I just ordered 2 on Sunday and they are sitting in my mailbox now. SFE also gives the Eagle schematic and board designs. They are limited to 200 mA, which I suspect is enough, but do you have any data on that? Do you know what voltage and current your laser needs?

John

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I just checked ebay for constant current LED driver (http://www.ebay.com/bhp/constant-current-led-driver). Some are quite inexpensive. My concern is that without knowing the voltage and current requirement for your laser, you stand to ruin it.

If you do know those operating values, then only you can balance the fun and cost of building with the likely lower cost of buying.

John

Last edited:

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
I know the ratings. I have different diodes. one is 405nm 20mw diode which need 250mW current and 4.5~5V voltage. and I also have red diode which is 658nm and 300mw and it requires 350 mw current and only 3V voltage. they are very sensitive so I need to keep current constant. else they will die. Right now I am using linear driver using lm117 voltage regulator. I will attach the schematic. this need at least two lithium 3.7v batteries to function. but I want to use single battery to run the diodes.

Attachments