Schematic Design Review - Microcontroller, USB, Sensor & Other Interfaces

hussainyakub

Joined Aug 3, 2017
Hi,
I would really appreciate if I could get a review and suggestions for my schematic design containing ATmega328p IC, USB to UART (CH340G), some basic interfaces like button, RGB LED's, Buzzer etc.
I am attaching the Schematic Design.pdf
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
REVIEW:
It would take me half a day to figure out what is connected to what and whether it is correct in your diagram, even if I knew what it was supposed to do. On its own, a diagram like that is more like a wiring list than a functional diagram. There is no information indicating the flow of data and control.
SUGGESTION:
The would convey much more information and be easier to comprehend if it was broken down into interconnected functional circuits like the attached:
Regards, Keith

Arduino.jpg

hussainyakub

Joined Aug 3, 2017
Thanks @Keith for the reply.
I have already broken down my schematic into functional blocks. But, can you help me with review of USB to UART part as I am using CH340G for the first time.
Thanks.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Thanks @Keith for the reply.
I have already broken down my schematic into functional blocks. But, can you help me with review of USB to UART part as I am using CH340G for the first time.
Thanks.
I have not used the CH340G but if you have connected it correctly, the functionality will depend entirely on the bootloader you are using.
Keith

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Hi,
I would really appreciate if I could get a review and suggestions for my schematic design containing ATmega328p IC, USB to UART (CH340G), some basic interfaces like button, RGB LED's, Buzzer etc.
I am attaching the Schematic Design.pdf
Thanks in advance!
It looks ok
advice:
replace the diode (polarity protector) with a fet (lower resistance and dropout).
place ferrits in mpu power lines.
place filters in ref lines.
place an auto fuse in the USB power line.
Picbuster.

hussainyakub

Joined Aug 3, 2017
It looks ok
advice:
replace the diode (polarity protector) with a fet (lower resistance and dropout).
place ferrits in mpu power lines.
place filters in ref lines.
place an auto fuse in the USB power line.
Picbuster.
Thanks @Picbuster for the advice. Can you please tell me the purpose for placing a fuse or polyfuse on USB power lines?.