SamSung LED TV

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I am Looking at the SamSung UN75TU8000FXZA LED TV.

It Says the Native Frame Rate is 60Hz.
But it has Enhanced Motion Rate of 120Hz.

I was Looking for a TV with 120 Frame Rate so is this not True 120Hz?

Please Watch this Video

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Ok so it is making it Look like 120 Frames.

So when You See a TV Say 120 Frame Rate are they all doing this?

Because USA Frame Rate is 29.97 FPS at 60Hz.

So my thought is all TVs that Say 120 Frame Rate is 60Hz.

Am I Right?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
No, not all content is the same. Some monitors do indeed have higher refresh rates. For content at a lower rate they can create the intervening frames. I believe computer games can generate very high frame rates and the fast monitors show their stuff with that sort of content.

If you’re mostly watching regular video, I think that Samsung TV would be fine. Higher frame rates sound good and I suppose offer some advantages, but I bet you’d have a hard time seeing a difference.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I am going Nuts Looking at all these LED TV's and I need some help?

I was Looking at the LG 4.k 90 LED TV and then I See on YouTube it does not get that Bright and has a Bad Contrast Ratio.
I do not want an OLED TV but I can give the Specs I do want.

I do want a good Contrast Ratio but not 1,000,000 : 1.
I read that when it gets this Hight it trys to make it Look like this.
Please Tell Me if I am Right?

I do want a LED TV that will get Bright and do good with Colors and Movies.
I do need a Refrash Rate of 120 Hz because I am Looking for a 75 Inch Screen Size.

Can anybody help Me?
I am in the USA so my Price is around $ 1,600.00 thanks.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I can’t really help you much and I know I’ll be in the same soup as you if/when I go shopping for my next TV.

The trouble you may be having is the focus on technical specifications rather than actual owner experience. It reminds me of the days when buying a computer meant balancing processor speed, memory and so on. Those specs still matter, but any modern computer is fine for most of the tasks people want to do. That’s pretty much true of modern TVs. Any TV at that size and price is going to be a darn good TV.

I’d you can, go to a reputable seller and look for yourself. You can’t judge a lot in the store but you might learn how various technologies look a little different, or you may find out the one people say can’t get bright enough is fine for you. Online reviews are only useful to a degree, and much less for subjective opinions.

Think about the features that might matter to YOU. Most TVs have smart features and various hookup options. Look for the ones that simplify your life and make sense for the other hardware you have or anticipate having. Some TVs have more sensitive tuners. Some have better on-screen display. Don’t be confused by marketing hype about things you can’t even see.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I just bought the SamSung UN65TU8000FXZA LED TV. It had all the specs that I wanted.

But I bought it mainly because it had the best picture in the store. When I brought it home, the picture wasn’t as good. I called Samsung support and a great technician walked me through the settings. I ended up with a great picture!

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Thank You I will Look again at Samsung UN65TU8000FXZA .

But I was Looking at the TCL 6. Series.
Then I Looked at the Hisense H9.G Quantum.

Do these have Native 120Hz Refrash Rate and what is the Contrast Ratio?

Thanks.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If you are not doing video games then why the fast refresh rate? ONLY high speed stuff like games has that fast an update rate. Movies do not, because it would double the file size.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I do know that Movies do not have that High of a Refrash Rate.

But if I ever do start doing Gaming I would like to know my TV will be ok.

So let me Ask this about TVs and Refrash Rates?
If a TV Says it has a Native Refrash Rate of 60Hz but it will have an Update for 120Hz is this True?

Because it is the Hardware that does the Frame Rate not just the Program.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Considering that every part of the display logic will need to be twice as fast, my guess is that some of the specifications are stretched a bit.
And what is certain is that the faster rate devices all cost more, and are more highly stressed. And in addition it is very difficult to believe that having a refresh rate four times as fast as the 30 Hz NTSC rate that we have had all of these years i worth the expense, unless one counts being able to brag about that 120Hz refresh rate as a benefit worth paying a lot for. There is a point at which faster performance is really not worth the additional price.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I thought the biger the Screen Zize You get You will have to get a High Refrash Rate because You will See the Frames Fliker?

So if I get a 75 Inch Screen a 60Hz Refrash Rate will be ok?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
We wil need a response from others, since I do not have one that big. 49 inches and not a speck of flicker. So we should wait until somebody with that model and size replies . But it will not be a flicker, if it is happening.