RS-555SH motor speed question

SailCS33

Joined Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone.

I have an old motor (12 years old) which still works but has rust on the casing so I want to have back up. The make and model are very clear on the case. It says Mabuchi RS-555SH. Next line has TN057Z06.

I bought new Mubachi motors (had to buy 3 because this is how they were sold in bulk). All three motors on the casing clearly say RS-555SH. Next line has 32403720.

My old motor sounds like it is spinning very fast but I dont have a tach. My power supply says 12.5v 0.79amp ~ 10 watt.
The new all 3 motors sound quieter and spin slower. Power supply says 12.5v 0.08amp ~ 1 watt.

One thing to note is that old motor has 3 bypass capacitors on the leads. They are marked "102". so 1nF.

I cannot find any specs on Mubachi website for these motors. I am trying to understand why they would spin at such different speeds. I thought all RS-555SH should be the same. no?

Last edited:

boostbuck

Joined Oct 5, 2017
I am trying to understand why they would spin at such different speeds. I thought all RS-555SH should be the same. no?
I couldn't find the numbers you describe, either. I was just illustrating that RS-555SH seems to be an incomplete specification and there is a wide range of motor types within that.