RF Engineering - satellite ground station systems components and vendors

akmetal

Joined Mar 4, 2020
Hello,

I have an interview with a telecom company on monday and the topics are as follows: 1 satellite ground station transport systems 2 long-haul and short-haul point to point microwave transport systems 3 satellite modems 4 frequency conversion equipment 5 high power amplifiers 6 low noise amplifiers 7 intermediate frequency distribution systems 8 antenna 9 radio frequency transmission lines 10 satellite communications theory 11 radio propagation models for satellite and microwave communications I can very likely find items 3-11 on youtube. Item 1 has been tricky, this will likely be a block flow diagram made up of numerous components. Equally important do you know who makes these various components that makeup RF systems.

Thank you

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Good luck with the job interview – but if I turned up to a job interview answering any technical questions, based on youtube videos, my chances of being offered a job would be very close to zero.

SteveSh

Joined Nov 5, 2019
Do you have a background or experience in telecom or satellite communications? If not why are you applying for that position, unless it's advertised as a entry-level, get-your-foot-in-the-door type of position?