RF circuit interface

Pritstift

Joined Aug 3, 2020
Hi

I am trying to acquire GPS data and transmit it through an existing RF circuit. The circuit uses frequency multiplication to transmit audio input at 152 - 170 MHz bandwidth. Is it possible to convert GPS data into analog using DAC and feed it into the frequency multiplier circuit? Since the data will produce a waveform which doesnt repeat itself how exactly would it be decoded at the receiver?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Since the data will produce a waveform which doesnt repeat itself
Hello, there :)
You just spun my head around three times. That's one heck of a oxymoron.
waveforms that do not repeat themselves are not waveforms.
trying to acquire GPS data and transmit it through an existing RF circuit.
Have you acquired the GPS data?
I'm not trying to beat you up it's just that you're all over the place. please restate the question.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Hi

I am trying to acquire GPS data and transmit it through an existing RF circuit. The circuit uses frequency multiplication to transmit audio input at 152 - 170 MHz bandwidth. Is it possible to convert GPS data into analog using DAC and feed it into the frequency multiplier circuit? Since the data will produce a waveform which doesnt repeat itself how exactly would it be decoded at the receiver?
You could maybe use FSK, converting the digital data into into two audio frequencies, one for logic low and one for logic high. If the digital data rate is too high to allow this then you could have a processor store the digital data and send it through the FSK system at a slower rate.