Rex-c100 will heat up and not stop.

Danb7

Joined Oct 15, 2021
Hi all
So I have a home made oven for powder coating and I’m moving over to a digital temperature controller. I went and got a Rex-c100 and a couple of SSR’s. It is all wired up how I think is right from what I have read/seen elsewhere. Everything heats up as it should but the trouble I’m having is it will not stop heating/hold a temp. I have been playing around with all the settings on the unit and not sure what’s happening? The lights on the 2 SSR’s are always on and don’t turn off. Any help would be much appreciated

twohats

Joined Oct 28, 2015
Welcome to AAC.
More information is required: Schematics/circuits, manufacturers data links etc.
Thank you.
Good luck...........

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I don't have a C100 manual in front of me.
Before you can set it for PID control mode you have tune it and set the PID parameters.
You ought to be able to set it to simple ON/OFF control mode.
Read the user manual.

Danb7

Joined Oct 15, 2021
Welcome to AAC.
More information is required: Schematics/circuits, manufacturers data links etc.
Thank you.
Good luck...........
Ok so I have it wired like the picture attached And also I’m using an I-AUTOC 60A SSR.

Attachments

Danb7

Joined Oct 15, 2021
I don't have a C100 manual in front of me.
Before you can set it for PID control mode you have tune it and set the PID parameters.
You ought to be able to set it to simple ON/OFF control mode.
Read the user manual.
I have put the auto switch on off To on and once it hits temp it turns it’s self off.

Boss69

Joined Feb 21, 2023
Hi all
So I have a home made oven for powder coating and I’m moving over to a digital temperature controller. I went and got a Rex-c100 and a couple of SSR’s. It is all wired up how I think is right from what I have read/seen elsewhere. Everything heats up as it should but the trouble I’m having is it will not stop heating/hold a temp. I have been playing around with all the settings on the unit and not sure what’s happening? The lights on the 2 SSR’s are always on and don’t turn off. Any help would be much appreciated
Hi i have the same problem , built a powder coating also and it dont stop on set temp, did you find out something?
Regards from norway ☺