Review Request - first schema in my life

Lesaje

Joined Feb 6, 2024
Hi, I making controlled airplane with arduino. It my first electric project, I am a programmer and not very bright in electronic (I hope yet). It's not even PCB (yet), just a stripboard, but I wanted to try Kicad, and also I need a schema to know how to solder all together.

I added photos of modules that I want to use. I also added a link to Kicad schema on google drive.

If you see something that seems strange, stupid or idiotic to you, then it don't seems, it probably is. I routed all the wires as how I plan to connect them physically (if several wires going to ground are connected, then I plan to solder them together). If one VOUT wire branches into several wires for VIN, then I plan to connect them in parallel to one output. I plan to solder a capacitor to the nrf24 module, I indicated this in the diagram.

For the battery I want to use a block of 3 18650 batteries connected in series. For servos I plan to use 4 SG90.

It's literally my first time I opened PCB designer, so I expect this schema to be very dumb.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14hkFmmEpdwW54WuOaSGSwdEpevLACPzi/view?usp=sharing4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Lesaje

Joined Feb 6, 2024
What range/distance are you expecting to have a radio transmission link using the NRF24?
Well, I'm using 2 modules with antenna and amplifier (as on photo), so I hope for 500 meters. However I've seen that with Yagi antenna and higher quality modules the range could reach 30 km, but it's not the case.