Reverse Engineering Panasonic AC Remote Control Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie zhang

Joined Aug 22, 2017
I have a Panasonic air conditioner which comes with a wired remote controller CZ - RD513C attched to the wall and has no infrared. I want to make a circuit connecting to STM32F746 to automate the temperature control from the STM display, e.g. set Monday morning 8 am 27°C. There are two wires coming out of the cable remote controller, one is a ground and the other is a power + signal line. I'm thinking using the circuit below to control. However, it seems there's a frequency difference problem, the carrier frequency of TDA5051A is 132.5 kHz, but the AC control signal frequency is 18,75kHz. Does anyone have any idea how this problem could be solved? Any ideas are welcome :)
Thanks a lot!
Stephanie
upload_2017-8-23_16-53-19.png

I have a Panasonic air conditioner which comes with a wired remote controller CZ - RD513C attched to the wall and has no infrared. I want to make a circuit connecting to STM32F746 to automate the temperature control from the STM display, e.g. set Monday morning 8 am 27°C. There are two wires coming out of the cable remote controller, one is a ground and the other is a power + signal line. I'm thinking using the circuit below to control. However, it seems there's a frequency difference problem, the carrier frequency of TDA5051A is 132.5 kHz, but the AC control signal frequency is 18,75kHz. Does anyone have any idea how this problem could be solved? Any ideas are welcome :)
Thanks a lot!
Stephanie
View attachment 133536
Hi Stephanie,

I am also very junior at electronics but have been looking at doing similar with a Panasonic CZ - RD513C. Did you ever complete this project, and/or can you provide any write-up suggestions from what you managed to achieve?

Thanks in anticipation

Regards,
AustralianJim

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hi Stephanie,

I am also very junior at electronics but have been looking at doing similar with a Panasonic CZ - RD513C. Did you ever complete this project, and/or can you provide any write-up suggestions from what you managed to achieve?

Thanks in anticipation

Regards,
AustralianJim
The TS has only posted twice on this thread five years ago. It is very unlikely that the TS will be back.

Please do not post to old threads. Start a new thread and make reference to the old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.