2 Race
3 Our
4 Young
5 Girls
6 Behind
7 Victory
8 Garden
9 Walls

There is a Navy & Marine Corps version as well, too risque to share here.

This probably doesn't help much for non-English speakers.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
we in India
use
B.B. ROY (name in India) Goes to Bombay Via (oops for got the last two) but the above one seems better gotta share with my friends :D
anyways bbroygbvgw its not hard to remeber as is vibgyor.

John Luciani

Joined Apr 3, 2007
we in India
use
B.B. ROY (name in India) Goes to Bombay Via (oops for got the last two) but the above one seems better gotta share with my friends :D
anyways bbroygbvgw its not hard to remeber as is vibgyor.
Maybe --- B.B. ROY Goes to Bombay Via Gate Way of india ???

Now we need a few more from Europe and Asia :D

(* jcl *)

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
There are many examples of resistor calculators on the web, but that one is very well done. A calculator for capacitor markings would be handy, as it is more difficult to read those things.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I had no idea there was one not obscene.
Likewise. A colleague of mine said one out loud in a lecture at university and was cordially asked to vacate the lecture theatre! We learnt more from him in that particular lecture than we did from the tutor! :D

Dave

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'll give you the starting words of the two I know ...

Bad --------

and

Batman -----

The batman one includes the tolerances.

As with most learning, when someone experiences a significant emotional event ... it is remembered far longer.

jpitz31

Joined Oct 24, 2007
Boy oh boy. I still use my handy dandy Radio Shack Resistor/Capacitor/Inductor Color Code
Calculator (you know, the cardboard thingy that your rotate the dials to line up the colors or values.)

I bought this back in the 1990. Been in my tool box ever since. Will never part with it.

But I do remember something in my high school electronics about "Violet screaming easily"

Thanks

Joe