Reqired knowledge for embedded developer job?

mitko89

Joined Sep 20, 2012
Must know how to decompose an complex problem into tiny steps.
And this is how you make an software algorithm. Not to be confused
with an protocol which is an set of rules.
This is important, but a bit too general. I was thinking of specific technologies and interfaces that employers expect nowadays such as: OS, wireless communications, standards etc.

AlphaDesign888

Joined Jul 27, 2014
This is important, but a bit too general. I was thinking of specific technologies and interfaces that employers expect nowadays such as: OS, wireless communications, standards etc.
I think that the employer would take a glance at what you already know and weigh up
wether you could be trained to suit their requirements.

In every new job there is training. You don't just walk.in the door and engineer an
rocketship on day one.

I think there is a saying that new employees are unproductive in the first 3-months.
I mean you do not make money from new staff in the first 3-months.

mitko89

Joined Sep 20, 2012
If someone asks you if you're better at digital or analog and you answer "YES," you may be an embedded developer.
Didn't really understand the logic, except for the fact that most developers (such as most electronic enigneers) understand better digital, because analog is much more complex. Not even all junior hardware engineers here are that good in analogue :D

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I got it. :)

If someone is good enough at embedded their digital IS analogue. Like when you want to generate a varying DC voltage waveform so you digitally toggle a pin with an algorithm to get the analogue result...

That line between digital and analogue really starts to blur.