Replacing an unknown part on a flightcontroller

tscheskn

Joined Mar 8, 2019
Hi everyone,

I recently managed to short an F4 flightcontroller intended to be used in a racing drone.

By doing this I managed to burn one "electronic part" of the flight controller. I have really no idea what this thing is as my electronic knowledge
goes only as far as resistors and capacitors. So I am just going to call it "thing".
Now I was wondering if anyone of you may know what that "thing" was and were I could get a replacement.

On the following picture you can see the burnt "thing" (by now it has completely crumbled) and to the left of it is the same "thing" still intact. I didn't manage to take a sharp picture, because it is so small (1,25 mm wide and and 1,65 mm long). The thing is basically a black box with two contacts and is labeled CA and has one white stripe going across the short side of it.

MOD: Cropped & lightened the images.E

Img_4774.jpg

This is a picture of a newer model of the same flightcontroller, where both of these "things" are still intact. Only Difference is that the CA label is turned by 90 degrees and it has 5 white stripes.

Img_4776.jpg

I am sorry if this may be a weird questions. I am by far no expert in electronics and circuitry. So I don't know if this is a common part or if it could basically be everything.

It would be great though, of anyone of you could help me identify it.

Many thanks is advance

tscheskn

PS: Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors. English is my second language.

Last edited by a moderator: