Replacing a charger

woody367

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I have a rechargeable work light that can be used cordless or plunged in. Problem is it charges fine but when plugged in it can not keep up so the light can be used longer.It will last a very little longer then without the charger.Can I replace the charger with a bigger one so I can use its as hard wired with out dying and damaging the battery? See photo below. Thanks

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I have a rechargeable work light that can be used cordless or plunged in. Problem is it charges fine but when plugged in it can not keep up so the light can be used longer.It will last a very little longer then without the charger.Can I replace the charger with a bigger one so I can use its as hard wired with out dying and damaging the battery? See photo below. Thanks
The AC adapter is not the battery charger. It is just a source of power. Using one with larger current capacity will not help. The charger is built into the light. From your description of the problem, the maximum charge current of the battery is less then the current taken by the light.

To change this you would have to replace the power supply, battery and charger with higher capacity ones. That would be a major rework and the larger battery and charger would probably not fit in the casing.

Probably the best and most cost efficient solution would be to replace the light with one that will run continuously.