Remove bypass 10 minute timer

Johnchatt

Joined Mar 16, 2016
Hi could anyone help please I have the attached board running a abdominal exercise belt but it cuts out after 10 minutes I was hoping to remove or bypass the timer so it stays on constantly. Any idea gratefully accepted, as with my beer gut it needs to run a lot longer.

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi could anyone help please I have the attached board running a abdominal exercise belt but it cuts out after 10 minutes I was hoping to remove or bypass the timer so it stays on constantly. Any idea gratefully accepted, as with my beer gut it needs to run a lot longer.
Use more light when you take a photo.

Tell use the pare number on the chips

Post a picture of the other side of the board.

Do you want to completely disconnect the timer or make it much longer than 10 minutes.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
you lost me with the pare numbers
Bad spelling. "part numbers". If they are visible, type them in your next post.

We can see the IRF 640, capacitors, resistors, and a sound device, but the 14 legged chip could provide some real clues.

Johnchatt

Joined Mar 16, 2016
Bad spelling. "part numbers". If they are visible, type them in your next post.

We can see the IRF 640, capacitors, resistors, and a sound device, but the 14 legged chip could provide some real clues.

Thank you for the reply, there is nothing written on the 14 legged chip unfortunately.

At the bottom of the board there's s nec d882m2y. But that's it sorry. I had the same belt last year and just by taking out the sound device it also stopped the timer. But no joy this time. Thanks

Johnchatt

Joined Mar 16, 2016
Thank you for the reply, there is nothing written on the 14 legged chip unfortunately.

At the bottom of the board there's s nec d882m2y. But that's it sorry. I had the same belt last year and just by taking out the sound device it also stopped the timer. But no joy this time. Thanks
I'm a right in thinking a 555 has less legs?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Any issues bridging point 2 and 3 on the 640. ?
I think, "bad". If you just short the output driver, there will be no pulsing.
You might have to press the "start" button every ten minutes.:(
Or believe the manufacturer who decided that 10 minutes is the safe limit for this device...
or just tape a 9 volt battery to your skin...:D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I love it..
I need the exercise but its too much work to have to press the on button again.. :p
I had to delete half my post in an effort to not come across as insensitive and offensive.:rolleyes:

There is no electrical device that can remove 40 pounds of life threatening fat, but the Thread Starter did not come here for medical advice, so I tried to be nice.:p

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Wrong pinout for a 556, could be a lm324, supply pins 4,11, more likely a deadicated microcontroller.......getting tired typing, best go and lie down... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
There is no electrical device that can remove 40 pounds of life threatening fat, but the Thread Starter did not come here for medical advice, so I tried to be nice.:p
There was a machine built over 200 years ago that could remove 10 to 15 ugly pounds almost instantly. French decided to stop using it in 1977.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My ex-physician now does Lipo surgery. (More money in it for him, but I sure miss having an excellent doctor.)
The problem with surgical removal is that you might reduce the gut mass, but the rest of you still still distributes the fat according to your genetics. Look ma, no gut! But you still have man tits, arm flaps, and a double-wide butt.:D

The only real solution to this problem is push-backs. Push back away from the dinner table!
Or, as I tell myself, "Don't feed your belly until it threatens to hurt you, then only give it enough to fool it."
TV info-doctors say to eat 5 small meals a day. I say, take out the word, "meals" and replace it with, "snacks".
"Running on Empty" isn't just a song. It's a way of life for people over 40.:(