Remote Gate Arm Control Box - Work Project

tkline

Joined Jul 3, 2016
All,

Thank you for taking the time. I am a security guy who is stuck replacing some old gate arm control switches. My boss wanted the basic buttons replaced with LED lit NO/MO switches so people don't push too hard which breaks our switches because they can see when contact is made. I picked up some AC/DC Red/Green buttons from Amazon with a switch module and a separate LED module.

I have wired the system to the best of my knowledge as shown in the schematic attached.

The result is that the gate arms work flawlessly, however:
1.) When I press the GATE OPEN button, both switch LED's activate Momentarily On at the same time.
2.) When I press the GATE CLOSE button, both LED's activate Constantly On (until I press the Open Button Again).

Attached you can find a schematic. Any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue would be appreciated. I have a meter and plenty of tinkering time.
Schema.png
Thank you
Tim

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The LED's cathode goes via the 7.5k resistor to an earth symbol labelled COM. Is this point connected to the 12V supply negative?
If not, it should be.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It appears you have it so the PB has to be operated until the arm is up or down? I.E. not maintained with auto shut off?
Personally I would have had a DP relay and powered a LED lamp in the illuminated P.B. They come with resistor internal.
How come the N.C. relay contact goes to the actuator?
Your symptoms don't make sense according to the DWG.
Max.