REMOTE FOR TOY CAR HELP

John B.

Joined May 9, 2015
Hello, in my engineering class I have been assigned a project in which we choose whatever product we want and improve it. I am a freshman and I chose something that my teacher said would be hard, but I am willing to do it. I chose a remote for a rc car and I need help identifying parts on the circuit board on the inside. I have identified a few-capacitor, resistors, semiconductors, but I need help. I also would like help to know in depth how this remote works. Thank you.IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1194.JPG IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1194.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1192.JPG

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
SCTX2B is a transmitting IC and Y1 is a crystal, Google the IC and it will give you example circuits.
The joy sticks are input into the IC and then the status is transmitted to the car.
Max.

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Hey, I like your ambition with this so best of luck with it. Are you hoping to add some additional functionality to it? The SCTX2B is a 5 function transmitting IC (forward/backwards/left/right/turbo) so with that it would limit any further RC functions as far as I am aware unless one isn't being used. You could potentially upgrade it to a seven function though which would give you an addition 2 RC functions for your RC car (lights/siren etc.). I tracked down a non Chinese datasheet for the SCTX2B which was oddly difficult lol. I've also attached an example of a seven function set of ICs too for you to check out (I just did a quick search but there may be something more suitable for the power supply etc.).

good luck :)

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE: I've merged all three of your threads since they are all three about the same thing, namely a school assignment. Don't make people chase down your line of questioning spread out over multiple threads in multiple forums. Also, please don't post multiple megabyte+ imagines when you can easily scale them down, even if just with Paint, to something much more reasonable. For instance:

IMG_1199.JPG

Instead of 1.1MB, this file is less than 60kB, nearly a factor of 20 smaller.

As to what those are, look at the role they would appear to play in the assembled controller. Think of it this way, if you removed them, then what would happen after you moved the control paddle all the way in one direction?

John B.

Joined May 9, 2015
Hey, I like your ambition with this so best of luck with it. Are you hoping to add some additional functionality to it? The SCTX2B is a 5 function transmitting IC (forward/backwards/left/right/turbo) so with that it would limit any further RC functions as far as I am aware unless one isn't being used. You could potentially upgrade it to a seven function though which would give you an addition 2 RC functions for your RC car (lights/siren etc.). I tracked down a non Chinese datasheet for the SCTX2B which was oddly difficult lol. I've also attached an example of a seven function set of ICs too for you to check out (I just did a quick search but there may be something more suitable for the power supply etc.).

good luck :)
I appreciate the help and documents, but
MOD NOTE: I've merged all three of your threads since they are all three about the same thing, namely a school assignment. Don't make people chase down your line of questioning spread out over multiple threads in multiple forums. Also, please don't post multiple megabyte+ imagines when you can easily scale them down, even if just with Paint, to something much more reasonable. For instance:

View attachment 85537

As to what those are, look at the role they would appear to play in the assembled controller. Think of it this way, if you removed them, then what would happen after you moved the control paddle all the way in one direction?
sorry i am new

View attachment 85537

As to what those are, look at the role they would appear to play in the assembled controller. Think of it this way, if you removed them, then what would happen after you moved the control paddle all the way in one direction?[/QUO

John B.

Joined May 9, 2015
Not a problem -- live and learn.

What is it you are trying to do with this project, anyway?
Well I was proposed to find something and innovate it. I am in 9th grade and you could of done something as simple as a chap stick, but I like challenges. You noticed I am doing a remote for a car and right now I just want to learn how it works and identify the parts in it. I like to learn about this stuff too.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well I was proposed to find something and innovate it. I am in 9th grade and you could of done something as simple as a chap stick, but I like challenges. You noticed I am doing a remote for a car and right now I just want to learn how it works and identify the parts in it. I like to learn about this stuff too.
Kudos for taking on something challenging. I don't know how much success you will have in finding something to "innovate", but you will learn at least some things about how electronics work. It is getting harder and harder to do that by playing around with things because almost everything electronic hides most of the important stuff inside an integrated circuit (IC) just like this remote does. But it's still cool to see how the mechanical stuff is done.

See if you can map out a schematic -- a drawing of how everything is hooked up electrically -- for the remote control.

John B.

Joined May 9, 2015
Kudos for taking on something challenging. I don't know how much success you will have in finding something to "innovate", but you will learn at least some things about how electronics work. It is getting harder and harder to do that by playing around with things because almost everything electronic hides most of the important stuff inside an integrated circuit (IC) just like this remote does. But it's still cool to see how the mechanical stuff is done.

See if you can map out a schematic -- a drawing of how everything is hooked up electrically -- for the remote control.
Okay thank you.