Remote control

Kjavanb1234

Joined Mar 28, 2021
Hi

I just became member here, I was wondering is it possible to control a latch remotely using a cell phone that I can call and that call triggers a switch that start a motor to open the latch?
What kind of components is needed for the board?
Thanks

RobNevada

Joined Jul 29, 2019
You can youtube how to do this. I wrote two programs for controlling a kit build car that was operated using an iPhone and a wifi connection. I used an arduino board and a PC that had wifi setup. I recently saw someone post a video about an app they wrote for a smartphone that was much more streamlined than my setup. I believe that the app was available for a small sum... For the control of a motor, you will need to first select a motor. Once the motor is selected that will provide a pathway to controlling it.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
No I don't have anything yet just wanted to see if idea is doable. I will source some specs and get back thanks
Hi K,
I did this, using the vibrator motor connections, but sent it through a programmable PIC so I would ring it 2x at specific timing, so a spam call woudn't trigger it.
Camerart.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Using my smart phone and any of several apps I can turn just about anything at home in my WiFi network On or Off. Matters not where I am. Locally I just ask Alexa to turn things on and off,

Ron

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Check out Arduinoblue.com They have a smart phone app that should be what you are looking for.
In some countries data plans are unaffordable and people use voice and SMS exclusively. SMS is a very common strategy for remote control in Such places. The brute force phone call technique shows you that while data plans are too pricy, phones and SIMS aren’t.

In any case, this is a I-don’t-have-a-smartphone solution, almost certainly.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In some countries data plans are unaffordable and people use voice and SMS exclusively. SMS is a very common strategy for remote control in Such places. The brute force phone call technique shows you that while data plans are too pricy, phones and SIMS aren’t.

In any case, this is a I-don’t-have-a-smartphone solution, almost certainly.
With that in mind this would go better if we knew a location and what wireless technology or systems were available to the thread starter. Years ago the forum listed location which people could opt out of and then they quit listing it at all. With some questions location is important.

Ron