Relay coil Set and Reset with momentary switch

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
OK, here's a new drawing. Having looked at it this way I see that there's a potential to have six NEON bulbs in series ON. In that case, 400 ÷ 6 = 66.6 volts dropped with each one. Potentially all six bulbs on at the same time, 66 volts might not be enough to light them. But if all but one relay is open (off - or RESET) then the full 400 V will want to pass through the single NEON bulb. Meaning you're going to have serious issues with resistors. Off hand I just don't know how that's going to work out. Perhaps each NEON needs to be calculated for a worst case scenario where only one NEON is lit at 400V. I don't know if that exceeds the rating of a typical NEON bulb or if resisting enough current will become an issue. But here's the drawing WITH NEON's in circuit. Relays A & B are "SET" and the rest are "RESET". Pushing the single momentary PB will set all relays to that configuration.
View attachment 227966
If I make connections in this way (without neon) or having momentary switch for the common 5v, In either case I have to provide 400mA * Number of relays in total 2.4A considering 6 relays right? or do i have to give little lesser?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Here are a couple of low cost solutions.

Can you say what is the purpose of shorting out inductor coils on this circuit.
Interested also in knowing what result you are trying to achieve with the overall circuit.
Who will be operating the switches.?
E

Edit:
Corrected dwg error.

Attachments

Last edited:

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
hi,
Here are a couple of low cost solutions.

Can you say what is the purpose of shorting out inductor coils on this circuit.
Interested also in knowing what result you are trying to achieve with the overall circuit.
Who will be operating the switches.?
E
Good solution! I am making tunable network.
In your attachments Relay 1 and 2 will be Relay coils right? Dual coil

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Note I made an error on the Make before Break drawing, edited the drawing.:(
E

In your attachments Relay 1 and 2 will be Relay coils right? Dual coil ....Yes

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
In either case I have to provide 400mA * Number of relays in total 2.4A considering 6 relays right? or do i have to give little lesser?
2.4 amp at the very least. In my last drawing you set all the toggles to whatever position you choose, then pressing the momentary button you energize all six coils at the same time. You can go bigger but not smaller. OR since you're providing such a short pulse with the PB you might be able to get away with caps to deliver the extra amperage momentarily; but I'd stay away from that route. Nobody knows just how long you're going to hold the PB.

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
2.4 amp at the very least. In my last drawing you set all the toggles to whatever position you choose, then pressing the momentary button you energize all six coils at the same time. You can go bigger but not smaller. OR since you're providing such a short pulse with the PB you might be able to get away with caps to deliver the extra amperage momentarily; but I'd stay away from that route. Nobody knows just how long you're going to hold the PB.
Thank you.
I am thinking to do it other way. I.e. Connecting OV using Toggle switch and giving pulse using momentary switch. It's the same way as u said more or less. Now, i am thinking to use DPDT On-off-on combination for connecting 0V (top and bottom line works similarly in all case, either set or reset) so it reduces the amount of switches. Is it advisable to do this way?
I found few but I am not able to understand the wiring of it. Are both pins in the middle common?
If u know please let me know

Last edited: