Relay coil Set and Reset with momentary switch

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Hey Guys,

I have a trouble regarding activation of set and rest coil of the Relay which is dual coil-latching. The datasheet has mentioned that to set or reset the coil I need to apply rated voltage for Max 20ms in the coil data specifications section and also mentioned min 100ms Pulse length to set and reset in NOTEs section. I am not sure which one to consider. I would like to know the minimum and maximum time length I can apply to the relay coil to set or reset.
I am thinking to do it with momentary toggle switch ( I am not sure if can go with it ) Do I absolutely need control circuit to set or reset the coil ? or any other method which is not necessarily cheap will do the job? If anyone has any experience with dual coil latching please suggest me on this.

PS: Supply for the coil is coming from DC supply

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The 20mS figure is the maximum time that the contacts will take to close
The 100mS minimum figure is the minimum time the coil voltage should be applied for reliable operation.

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
The 20mS figure is the maximum time that the contacts will take to close
The 100mS minimum figure is the minimum time the coil voltage should be applied for reliable operation.
Yea got it. Would you tell me, is it possible to do with momentary toggle switch or any other method which is not complicated and also if u have any idea what will be the maximum time i can apply voltage? Please let me know

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The momentary toggle switch is the simplest way to control the relay.
It can be done with a single push-button, but that requires additional circuitry.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
If it's a DPDT relay, and you are only using one pole, you can use the other pole to select the correct coil, and use a single pushbutton.
(If it's switching mains, then there might not be enough isolation between the two sets of contacts)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If it's a DPDT relay, and you are only using one pole, you can use the other pole to select the correct coil, and use a single pushbutton.
You also need circuitry to generate a short pulse when the button is pushed, otherwise the relay will rapidly switch between it's two states for the short time the button is depressed.

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
I have a question regarding the manual type relay switch shown in the datasheet. I need relay with Dual coil-latching, I thought of using momentary toggle SPDT to Turn on and off the relay but I will not be knowing the position of the lever of the switch (Whether it is set or reset). If I use relay with the inbuilt manual switch which is on the top of the relay, is it possible to set and reset the relay using that without needing any external momentary switches? If I use the normal one then I would be needing additional digital latch or flipflop. Please let me know if I can the manual switch type relay and also let me know if there are any disadvantages with the manual type relay switch.

FYI: Relay - ADJH23112

Attachments

Manjesh Gowda

Joined Oct 19, 2020
hi M.
Is this image the version with the Manual switch.?
If yes, the On/Off slide switch should indicate the On/Off state.?

E
View attachment 227818
Yea even I believe so. But not sure, because they have not given any information in the datasheet. If it switch between ON and Off (set and reset) then it automatically have to disconnect itself after 100ms right? I mean it does not hold the contacts after the maximum time of the pulse which is required for activation of coil?