Relay coil data sheet. Resistance varies with wattage?

Mrdouble

Joined Aug 13, 2012
image.jpeg I ordered couple relays off relay and just reading the datasheet. Can someone explain what the coil resistance varies with wattage? Resistance doesn't change of a coil in DC so what am I missing. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong. I'm interested in the 12 v

Thanks in advance
Micheal

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If you bought a 12 volt relay that needs 0.15 watts, it will have a resistance of 960 ohms in the coil.
....................................................... 0.2 watts..............................................720.............................
....................................................... 0.36 watts............................................400............................
....................................................... 0.45 watts.............................................320.............................

Mrdouble

Joined Aug 13, 2012
If you bought a 12 volt relay that needs 0.15 watts, it will have a resistance of 960 ohms in the coil.
....................................................... 0.2 watts..............................................720.............................
....................................................... 0.36 watts............................................400............................
....................................................... 0.45 watts.............................................320.............................
Ahh, so you think different coils within the 12v lineup? That hadn't crossed my mind