Hi
I need help with this project please
single phase full wave control rectifier 2 pulse with load 10 watt
I need to design the circuits and explain it

help m

amjad..ali

Joined Apr 12, 2015
in this image if i removed the diode and Placed a thyristor
how can i find the value of R , Vr , Ir and the better type of thyristor for this circuits if i know the input is AC 220 volt and 50 Hz and power on the R is 10Kwatt

Attachments

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello amjad..ali

You have two issues (Threads):
1) - "Rectifier" Located in this link: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/rectifier.109669/
2) - "Thyristor" Located in this link: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/thyristor.109677/
Both are focused to achieve the same end, but give a different data.
The known values mentioned by You, are:
R = 10K Watts, Or R = 10 Watts. They are two different cases ??
Voltage transformer secondary are 220 With center tap (CT).

In your thread "rectifier" You say:
-I need help with this project please
single phase full wave control rectifier 2 pulse with load 10 watt
I need to design the circuits and explain it-

While in your thread "Thyristor"
-in this image if i removed the diode and Placed a thyristor
how can i find the value of R , Vr , Ir and the better type of thyristor for this circuits if i know the input is AC 220 volt and 50 Hz and power on the R is 10 K watt-

What do you mean: control rectifier 2 pulse ??
Why are you interested in finding the values: Vr, Ir.

something else: what are these parameters for you ??. . . What are ??. . . Could You explain it ??

To calculate the value of R just look at the attached image to find the formula.
V x V / P.
In your thread Thyristor, you mention that the secondary of the transformer is 220 with center tap (CT).
so that you are applying, to the resistor, something like 110 V. RMS.
Then:
110 x 110 = 12,100
12,100 / 10,000 = 1.21 Ohms, value of R. 1 Ohm 210 milliohms.

But if We take the 10 Watts mentioned in your other thread the result will be different.
12,100 / 10 = 1,210 Ohms, value of R. 1 thousand 210 Ohms.

However:
If we want to know the current flowing through the resistor, just go back to see the attached image; find that I = P / V.
10000/110 = 90.90 Amp.
In the other case
10/110 = 0.091 Amp

So: to select the Thyristor that fits the parameters described, you can do it THROUGH the following link: http://www.alldatasheet.com/
Search by:
100 Amp. Thyristor
or
1 Amp Thyristor
According your case.
But I think it would be best to look the other way:
Question electronics stores in your area what Thyristor's they have, find them on the link above.

Please consider the following:
If your circuit is as you showed, only serve to purely resistive circuits. No other purposes. . .
Could You please tell Me Why ??

Attachments

amjad..ali

Joined Apr 12, 2015
first thing thank you
you are Genius this the perfect answer i want

2nd
control rectifier 2 pulse
the control mean there is thyristor supersede the diode
and 2 pulse mean its full wave

i interested in finding the values: Vr, Ir
because i need to find the type of thyristor and resistance for this circuits

is this the all data i need to design control rectifier 2 pulse ??
and thank you again

amjad..ali

Joined Apr 12, 2015
sorry MrCarlos
but i'm not good in english
about your question 'If your circuit is as you showed, only serve to purely resistive circuits. No other purposes. . .
Could You please tell Me Why ??'
this book can explain for you what i mean and what i want in fact ' but my Doctor need the project about 10 K waat on the load '
https://books.google.jo/books?id=mR...trol rectifier 2 pulses centre tapped&f=false

i'm really thank you

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello amjad..ali

Surely you know the answer but I think you're afraid to answer.

The circuit you presented in your post #5 will have only: one rectifier diode and 1 Thyristor.
In such a way that a full half cycle of the AC will be rectified.
The other half cycle is the only one You can control its amplitude from almost 0 to the maximum. 110V RMS.

So you have a pulsating current in R, with a full half cycle and the other variable in amplitude.
This way, many harmonics are generated, electromagnetic noise, which are harmful to, for example, sound systems and/or digital systems, Etc.
These systems require a source of polarization as pure as possible. without Ripple

In contrast to purely resistive circuits will not affect them adversely because only be used to 'Heat' something through a resistor. For lighting also serve such circuits.
But beware, the electromagnetic noise generated by these circuits can adversely affect other nearby equipment.
To reduce this effect you must add a snubber network. You can find what is this snubber asking to Google.com.